Friday, October 1, 2010

Amour etch virgin

Up until recently I had never used Armour Etch.  If you read the bottle it sounds pretty scary too!

"First Aid: Immediate action required if contact occurs. Call your poison center emergency department or a physician. Specific hydrofluoric acid antidote treatment may be required." 
 ...okay it probably says the same thing on a bottle of bleach too.

My mom gave me this giant jar 2 years ago and I love it, but still have no found a use for it.  I decide maybe if I made it a bit more personal it would speak to me.

The aforementioned jar.

 I cut this out with my Cricut using contact paper.

 Cover the design with a thick layer of Armour Etch


Love it!

I hope now it will find a home. Suggestions for what to put in it?

5 comments:

  1. Great job, yep I am like you looked way to scary on the bottle so I have never used it, maybe I should give it a go after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! How about powder laundry detergent? Maybe with a cute wooden scoop inside... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be cute! Thanks for the idea! I hope when we move (in 4 months) I will actually have a laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I STILL haven't tried etching. It's on my never ending to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was on my list for a year! I kept getting discouraged because it's SO expensive. I was finally talked into it by my friend and we split the $20 for 10 oz bottle.

    I'm on the look for frosted glass spray paint to see if I can get the same effect.

    ReplyDelete